106KHQ Pumpkin Carving Contest Rules - October, 2017
1) Contesting begins on Oct. 1, 2017 and ends Oct. 30, 2017.
2) How to Enter:
a. No purchase is necessary to enter this contest.
b. To enter, go to the 106KHQ.com, or the KHQ app and upload a photo of you and your jack-o-lantern. You may enter one photo per household.
c. Contest is open to amateur photographers only please. The photo you submit must be taken by your or someone you know. No stock images allowed. The person who carved the pumpkin must be in the picture with the jack-o-lantern.
d. You must have the rights to use the photo entered.
e. No liability is assumed for misdirected entries.
3) Eligibility Restrictions:
a. This contest is open to adults over the age of 18.
b. Employees and immediate families of MacDonald Garber Broadcasting and its affiliates, sponsors, and their owners and agents are ineligible to participate, nor employees and their immediate family of other radio stations or broadcast media outlets within 200 miles.
Prize: $25 gift certificates to each: Johan’s of Petoskey, Johan’s of Harbor Springs, Johan’s burger express, The original pancake house of Bay Harbor.
4) How to Win:
a. The only form of entry for this contest is through the KHQ app or 106KHQ.com. The photo receiving the most votes when the contest closes at noon on Oct. 30th will be the winner. In case of a tie, judging on Facebook on October 31st will determine the winner.
Condition of Accepting the Prize:
b. There is no cash value and prize is not transferable.
c. 106KHQ reserves the right to change the specific prizes as long as they are of equal or greater value. Winner shall be responsible for payment of taxes or upgrades.
d. If winner choses not to accept the prize, there is no cash value.
5) The taxable value of the prize is $100. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All taxes, including sales tax and federal tax, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Void wherever restricted or prohibited by law.. Where applicable, winner will be supplied with a 1099 tax form.
6) Upon claiming, winner must sign an affidavit of eligibility (The Rules), a W9 tax form, and a liability/publicity release (Release, Waiver and Acknowledgment form) as a condition of receiving the prize. As a condition of entering the contest, the winner agrees to be bound by these rules and consents to the use of his/her name, likeness and/or voice for additional publicity and advertising purposes carried out by sponsors without additional compensation. All entrants must release Sunglass Shoppe and MacDonald Garber Broadcasting, and their employees from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from the contest, and acceptance or use of the prize, including liability for personal injury or death.
7) 106KHQ has the sole right to initiate and end contest play. Only 106KHQ can declare the actual winner / qualifiers. All decisions made by 106KHQ are final. 106KHQ reserves the right to change or modify the rules at any time. If it is discovered that the contest rules were violated in any way, prize winnings will be immediately refunded to 106KHQ. 106KHQ is not responsible for ANY mishaps that may occur during, before, or after the giveaway event. Prize is considered As-Is.