1. Eligibility and Age Categories: The photo contest is open to anyone who lives, works, visits, or plays in Chester County. There shall be two categories for submission: Under the age of 18 (Youth) and 18 and older (Adult). Employees of the Chester County Planning Commission (“Planning Commission”) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of employees are not eligible to participate in the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. No more than three (3) images may be submitted by each participant.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“you”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the Planning Commission as final and binding as it relates to the content and/or results of this contest.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Monday, August 28, 2017 at 12:00 pm (noon) and ending on Friday, October 13, 2017 at 12:00 pm (noon).
4. How to Enter: The contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at www.chescoplanning.org. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Planning Commission. You must provide the information requested. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Planning Commission.
5. Submission of Images: Images may not be enhanced beyond standard optimization (cropping, dust removal, and minor adjustments to color, exposure, contrast, etc.). Photos must be high resolution: at least 240 ppi with 3,000 pixels on the longest side. “Selfies” are not eligible.
6. Prizes: First through third prizes shall be awarded for each category, youth and adult. The Winners of the Contest in the Youth category will receive: First Place - Trek Bicycles gift package including a bicycle helmet, safety lights, basket, and three $20 store credits (retail value $210). Second Place - Helicopter Museum family membership (retail value $75). Third Place - The Palace Bowling and Entertainment Center gift certificate for two hours of bowling and dinner for five (retail value $75). The Winners of the Contest in the Adult category will receive: First Place - Longwood Gardens Tote Bag, Orchid, sprayer, and book, and (4) complimentary admission tickets (retail value $180). Second Place – Brandywine River Museum and Millstone Café admission and meal passes for four (retail value $120). Third place – Gift card for the Dansko Factory Store (retail value $60). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Planning Commission. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the discretion of the Planning Commission. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all applicable federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winners. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Planning Commission to use the winner’s names, likenesses, and/or entries for any purposes identified by the Planning Commission (including the promotion of sound planning in Chester County) without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by a review committee of the Planning Commission following the close of the contest and a period of review. Winners will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection. The Planning Commission shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within twenty (20) days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Receipt by a winner of the prize offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by a winner at the Planning Commission’s sole discretion will result in a winner’s disqualification, and all privileges as a winner will be immediately terminated.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest, you represent and warrant that your entry is your original image, was taken by you within the boundaries of Chester County, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights or the image guidelines set forth in sub-section 5: Submission of Images. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property rights of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Planning Commission. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Planning Commission from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Planning Commission may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right. Further, by entering this contest you agree to release all rights of the submission to the Planning Commission for the purpose of reproducing the image(s) for any purposes identified by the Planning Commission, including the promotion of sound planning in Chester County.
9. Use of Images. Images may be used by the Planning Commission in a variety of contexts, including but not limited to documents, advertising, website content, and social media. If the planning commission wishes to use an image for advertising, website content, or social media or if the image is on private property, we will contact the photographer to receive model releases from all recognizable people in the image before using the image. Contest participants are welcome to submit model releases when they submit photographs, and the model release form can be found here: (http://chescoplanning.org/pdf/Model-Release-Form.pdf)
10. Terms & Conditions: The Planning Commission reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Planning Commission’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, the Planning Commission may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Planning Commission. The Planning Commission reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless the Planning Commission and its employees from any liability, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: As a condition of participating in this contest, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall you be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees. You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Minor Release: By submitting an entry here, you, the contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules and to submit a release form signed by a parent or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18 as of the date of your contest submission, which can be downloaded here.
Photo Contest Minor Release Form: http://chescoplanning.org/pdf/Landscapes3-Photo-Contest-Entry-Agreement-Form.pdf