Seeing More Matters Contest
SEEING MORE MATTERS CONTEST
Seeing More Matters Contest (the "Competition") by FUJIFILM VisualSonics (FFVSI) is open to anyone aged 18 and over.
Entrants into the Competition shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
1. To enter the Competition, you must submit a photo or video acquired using any preclinical Vevo imaging system on the Contest landing page. You may also enter the contest using the hashtag #seeingmorematterscontest on Twitter, Instagram or through Facebook. There are no restrictions on the animal model type. However, we will not accept any clinical images.
2. The Competition is on-going with opening and closing dates set by FUJIFILM VisualSonics. FUJIFILM VisualSonics reserves the right in its absolute discretion to extend the closing date where the entries received are of insufficient number or quality.
3. There are no limits to the number of entries per person provided that each image/video submitted is distinctly different from previous entries.
4. By submitting an entry to the Competition, You grant FUJIFILM VisualSonics (FFVSI):
a. Permission for your entry to be published on FFVSI website www.visualsonics.com and all associated social media channels (ex. Linkedin, Facebook, Youtube,etc). You grant FFVSI a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence to use, republish, edit and/or modify your Competition entry in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in FFVSI publications) for purposes connected with the Competition and as described in these Terms and Conditions; and
b. The right to use your name and country of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
c. You also hereby waive all your moral rights in your entry. Notwithstanding the afore-going waiver, in order to use entries as intended and advised in these Terms and Conditions, (i) FFVSI may need to modify entries, including but not limited to resizing, cropping or colour adjustment as necessary, provided that FFVSI shall endeavour in undertaking such modifications to maintain the integrity of your entry as originally created; and (ii) FFVSI shall provide credit/acknowledgement for all entries.
d. You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trade marks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If FFVSI has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then FFVSI may not consider it and may disqualify it.
5. There is no cost to enter. No purchase is necessary.
Picking the winners:
1. Five finalists will be selected based on the number of votes. Grand prize winner and two runner up prizes will be chosen by FFVSI staff.
2. When choosing the winner and runners up, the Judges will be looking at:
Subject matter (application/animal model)
Quality of image (clarity)
Details that are visible (visualization of subject matter)
Innovative use of the imaging system
3. The Judges' decision of who the Winner is each competition will be made after competition ends and before the next competition period begins. The Judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
First prize winner will receive one iPad mini (color and features as set by FUJIFILM VisualSonics). Second and Third prize winners will receive FFVSI promotional items.
1. Winners will be notified by FFVSI via email after the competition closes.
2. No purchase is necessary. No cost to enter.
3. FFVSI accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. FFVSI further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
4. FFVSI reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of FFVSI in all matters relating to the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. FFVSI reserves the right to discount votes if it suspects fraudulent bulk voting or multiple voting is taking or has taken place to inappropriately influence or manipulate the voting procedures.
5. FFVSI shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Competition where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
Start:October 05, 2017 @ 12:59 am (Canada/Eastern)
End:May 16, 2018 @ 11:59 pm (Canada/Eastern)
Start:October 05, 2017 @ 12:59 am (Canada/Eastern)
End:May 09, 2018 @ 11:59 pm (Canada/Eastern)
Start:October 16, 2017 @ 12:59 am (Canada/Eastern)
End:May 16, 2018 @ 12:59 pm (Canada/Eastern)
First prize: iPad Mini
Second prize: FUJIFILM VisualSonics swag bag of goodies
Third prize: FUJIFILM VisualSonics swag bag of goodies