NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to anyone 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who enter the Sweepstakes at EBD Group’s #StartupBreakthrough Facebook tab landing page at www.facebook.com/EBDGroupPartnering. The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is KNect365 US, Inc (dba EBD Group) ("Sponsor"), Corporate Headquarters Address: 3150 Pio Pico, Suite 201, Carlsbad, CA 92008. Employees of EBD Group, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Sweepstakes participant (“You”) agree to be fully bound by these rules (“Official Rules”), and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of EBD Group as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted starting on August 07, 2017at 8 a.m. PDT and ending August 20, 2017, at 11 p.m. PDT. All entries must be received by August 20, 2017, at 11 p.m. PDT
4. How to Enter: You may only enter the Sweepstakes once by submitting your name, email address and phone number using the online form provided on the #StartupBreakthrough Facebook tab landing page at www.Facebook.com/EBDGroupPartnering. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Official Rulesor specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of EBD Group. You must provide the information requested if entering on the Facebook tab landing page. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Official Rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of EBD Group.
Use of a false email account will disqualify an entry. EBD Group is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or delayed entries or other communications or other technical problems related to the Sweepstakes entries. The use of scripts or any automated system to enter the Sweepstakes is strictly prohibited. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Site, or who otherwise violates these Official Rules.
5. Prize: The Winner(s) of the Sweepstakes (the “Winner”) will receive one (1) Free Startup Registration to BioPharm America™ in Boston, Mass. September 26-27, 2017, worth $895. Prize does not include travel expenses, airfare, lodging or other travel-related expenses. Prize is not transferable. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by EBD Group. Selected winner must qualify as a biotech startup as listed on our start up criteria. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at EBD Group’s discretion for a prize of approximately equal value. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Substitution of the prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is not permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for EBD Group to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
If the potential winner does not respond within 15 days of the date of the prize notification, fails to comply with the instructions contained in the prize notification within that time period, is ineligible for the prize, or refuses to accept the prize, Sponsor reserves the right to randomly choose an alternate potential winner from the pool of remaining eligible entries.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the random draw of the winner.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by random draw under the supervision of EBD Group on August 21, 2017. Winner will be notified by email or by phone within ten (10) days following selection of Winner. EBD Group shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected.
Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate potential winner. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry online, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account for the email address provided to Sponsor is registered. Potential winner may be required to provide a driver's license and/or other evidence of identity in connection with claiming the prize. Winner may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release in the form provided by Sponsor, within fifteen (15) days of attempted notification in order to claim prize. An entrant is not a winner unless and until the entrant's eligibility and has been verified and entrant has complied with all Sweepstakes requirements.
Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT EBD Group’s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE Sweepstakes, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Terms & Conditions: EBD Group reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond EBD Group’s control, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, EBD Group may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by EBD Group. EBD Group reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry or voting process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. EBD Group has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the Official Rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, EBD Group reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree (i) to be bound by these Official Rules; (ii) that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased,; (iii) that EBD Group has the right to use entrant's first name, last name, and city and state on EBD Group's website and in any and all publicity and advertising by EBD Group without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants except where prohibited by law; (iv) to be contacted by EBD Group by telephone, mail or email regarding this Sweepstakes; and (v) to release and hold harmless EBD Group, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, damages, loss or injury resulting from entrants' participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Sweepstakes. For the avoidance of doubt, some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so this may not apply to you where referenced in these Official Rules.
Entrants and Winner assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to person or property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded.
11. Disputes: The Sweepstakes is governed and construed under the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules All claims must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the state of New York. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND WASHINGTON, D.C. AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: EBD Group 3150 Pio Pico, Suite 201, Carlsbad, CA 92008. Requests must be received no later than November 30, 2017.