RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Kids Got Talent contest is open to all youth ages 4-16 years old (ages as of February 8th, 2020).
Kids Got Talent will be held at the Empire Theatre on Saturday February 8th, 2020 from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm. All contestants entering the contest must be willing to perform in the live show if selected.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Create a video showcasing your talent: singing, dancing, magic etc. Only one entry per contestant. Please note video submissions must be 4 minutes or less.
2. Contestants (contestant's parent/ legal guardian) must submit their online submission to our contest website: https://platform.votigo.com/fbcontests/profiletab/KidsGotTalent along with their name, address, daytime phone number, the child’s name, and confirmation the child is between the ages of 4-16.
3. Entries for the contest shall run from December 1st, 2019 to Saturday, January 4th, 2020. Only entries submitted to our contest website will be considered.
4. To qualify, all entries must be received on or before 12:01 p.m. (EST) on Saturday, January 4th, 2020 through our contest website link.
VIDEO SUBMISSIONS: DECEMBER 1ST, 2019 UNTIL JANUARY 4TH, 2020 (12:01 P.M.)
Conditions: By participating in this contest, contestants agree that his/her name, photograph, voice and/or image may be used in any and all forms of media, without any further compensation from CSV – Belleville.
No profanity or vulgarity in any vocal, dance, or any other performance will be allowed. No weapons, fire, smoke machines etc. This is a family, friendly, and safe environment; please be respectful.
All performers must be between the ages of 4-16 in their online submission video and/or live performance.
THE TOP 20 CONTESTANTS WILL BE SELECTED TO PERFORM AT THE LIVE SHOW
- A selection committee representing CSV shall review all video submissions by each contestant to determine which contestants will perform at the live show on Saturday, February 8th, 2020.
- For the purposes of this contest and the awarding of prizes, these rules shall govern in all respects and the decision of CSV representatives shall be final.
- The top 20 contestants will be informed of the Selection Committee’s decision Saturday, January 11, 2020.
- The contest is open to children (4 - 16 years of age) who are residents of the Bay of Quinte Region. All contestants must have the consent of his/her parent or legal guardian to submit their personal information in order to enter the contest. In the absence of such parental or legal guardian consent, the contestant will not be able to enter the contest. Each prize winner’s parent/guardian must sign a declaration of compliance with the contest rules and a release in order to receive the prize components. All information obtained for this contest will be used only for the purposes of conducting the contest.
By entering this contest, you agree to attend a photo shoot, live rehearsal and live performance.
By participating in this contest, you agree to abide by the rules and the decisions of the CSV in awarding prizes. Decisions shall be final and binding upon all contestants. Contestants who have not complied with these rules are subject to disqualification. CSV reserves the right to modify the rules, before or during the contest, in its sole discretion, in any way at any time it deems necessary or appropriate without materially affecting the terms and conditions of this contest. Interpretation of these contest rules by CSV shall be final.
Personal information collected during the course of this contest shall be used by CSV and its authorized representatives solely for the purposes of conducting the contest and awarding prizes and will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose unless required by law.
The Grand Prize is not transferable and not redeemable for cash, and will not be extended under any circumstances and must be accepted as offered without substitution.
Children are not eligible to participate in this contest if parents are employees of the CSV, a member on the CSV board of directors, a member of the Kids Got Talent selection committee or a Kids Got Talent judge.
By participating in this contest, the Category Finalists and Grand Prize Winner agree that his/her name may be used in any and all forms of media, without any further compensation by CSV and waives all rights (including moral rights) with respect to printed, broadcast and other forms of publicity.
AUDITION AND LIVE PERFORMANCE
One microphone will be supplied for your performance at the live show and talent competition. (if you have other requirements we must be notified in advance; such as additional microphones or cables for instruments).
All acts must provide their own recorded music, instruments, props, etc.
All music files must be saved as: your first and last name or artist name title of song example: michael jackson_beat it. Email your music file to: email@example.com in advance. Please include in your submission: your first and last name (stage name if you have one) phone number, and e-mail address; in case we need to reach you about your track(s).
Your submission video and talent competition track can not contain any lead vocals (we need to hear your voice live). All performers in your submission video and/ or live performance must be between the ages of (4-16) and reside in the Bay of Quite Region.
ATTIRE - REQUIREMENTS
1. Attire must be respectable, tasteful, and age appropriate. No logos!
2. Participants are required to dress to impress with costumes or wardrobe appealing for filming.
3. Participants are required to be camera ready, (hair, makeup and wardrobe). This applies to your audition and live performance.
ADDITIONAL - REQUIREMENTS
1. The top 20 finalists are required to attend sound check (live rehearsal).
2. The top 20 finalists will require final approval by the talent showcase organizers.
3. All music tracks must be submitted for final approval, by January 15th, 2020.
4. No changes to music selection will be allowed after January 15th, make sure your audition performance is what you will be performing on the showcase date.
5. All acts (individuals) will be required to sign a photo release and a liability waiver upon submission.
JUDGING AT LIVE SHOW
Contestants will be judged on the following during the “Kids Got Talent” show on February 8th, 2020.
3. Stage presence
4. Vocal delivery
5. Song arrangement
6. Group/working together
8. Interpretation of dance
There will be one Grand Prize and three category prizes. Any adult accompanying an entrant does not qualify for any prize.
Ages 4-10: Category Finalist – prize valued over $100
Ages 11-16: Category Finalist – prize valued over $100
Groups (minimum 3 - maximum 10 youth): Category Finalist – prize valued over $100
Grand Prize Winner – Overall Talent – separate from the Category Finalists –prize valued over $500
All participates will receive a "Kids Got Talent Showcase Certificate" for their participation. Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
CSV is not responsible for incorrect and/or inaccurate entry, registration, entry information or any factor which may affect a person's ability to participate in the contest. This includes but is not limited to: human error, lost or misdirected entries for whatever reason, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed/corrupted data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, any inability to access the site, or damage to a user's system occasioned by participating in the contest, and entries which fail to fully comply with these rules and regulations.